New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako type extractors??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Brownells list about 3 different brands, Midway has one, anyone better then the other?

Going from a '06 face to a SAUM.

thanks.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

Posts: 711 | Location: Michigan , USA | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
I installed a Tubb 2000 on my 223 that I am happy with, other than that I have no experience with them.

I'd do another if I needed to, and the 2000 is supposed to fit 223 through magnum bolt faces.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Be careful when you do it; there are a few pitfalls. I use the genuine extractors for Sako. Make sure you don't use the magnum one. it is important to use the 308 sized one on the magnum bolt face. I assume you will be doing it on a Remington 700 action. If you use the magnum one, the empty cartridge will eject at quite a high angle and hit the scope turret and bounce back into the loading port because it is so wide. Also, when you bore out the counterbore in the barrel, make it big enough so the extractor will snap over the rim while the cartridge is in the chamber. When cutting the .176" wide slot in the bolt, you should get it as close to the bolt lug as you can.

Jim

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim, thanks for the tip. I'll scrounge thru the Brownells catalog and see what I can come up with.

Think Russ Haydon called his a genuine Sako.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

Posts: 711 | Location: Michigan , USA | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote