Notify
Tools

Re: Serengeti Zephyr
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of GrandView
posted
Quote:

"On the other hand, a man who can tell the whole world to f**k off and still make a living doing what he loves has found a formula a lot of people would envy."

Actually he doesn't, and didn't here.

Had SDH been challenged on "substance" rather than "style", the resultant text would have been enlightening. Pity there weren't enough creative posters to drag specific issues out of SDH. He opened the door........

GV

Posts: 768 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 18 January 2001Reply With Quote
<SDH>
posted
Post deleted by SDH

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I don't use this website as a medium to promote my work nor advance my business and somehow find it offensive when other promote themselves or have stawmen doing it for them.

SDH, it seems to me like you are finally getting closer to what appears to be your base reason. Pity about your envy, pity about your inability to discuss in a civil tone.

With regards to presentation of commercially oriented information on this (and other sites): a lot of people in the gun business contribute here, and a lot of us benefit from being able to discuss directly with the "pros". Undoubtedly, by making themselves known to potential customers, many of these businesses can profit, but hopefully so can their customers. At least they are presented with a better choice. One thing is for sure, though, for anybody to benefit (commercially or otherwise) from being on these forums, they have to make at least a token showing of good manners. I can't see how a vitriolic attitude can be of benefit to anybody, but you don't seem to have quite gotten that point.

Besides, it is probably not up to either you or me to decide the proper balance between commercial or non-commercial information on this site. I guess we'd best leave that up to the moderators and in particular to Saeed, who gracefully hosts us all.

A very good day to you, Sir.

- mike

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Double post - sorry...

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GV - Well written! It is indeed a pity that this thread became emotional rather than educational, but as you point out, internet discussions often go that way.

I can understand Mr. Hughes (SDH) not "debating" the question of whether the heel of a stock should be below, even with, or above the comb nose. I thought that got settled a few decades ago.

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote