New
Find
Notify
Tools

RUGER RINGS NEEDED
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
just wondering if any one could tell me where i could get a set of ruger rings...i have checked out midsouth,midway,grafs with no luck....i need a set which both the front and rear ring are the same height,or if anyone has a set they want to sell i will be happy to take them
regards daniel

Posts: 1487 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe you can order tham right from Ruger incase you can't find some used.

One of Us
Picture of GA DEER HUNTER
posted Hide Post
Loonie is right, you can order them directly from Ruger. http://www.ruger.com

Go to the online store and look under fire arm accessories, then under scope rings.

I have a set but I think the rear ring is taller than the front ring, so it sounds like they won't work for you. What model Ruger do you want the ring for?

Posts: 392 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
when I get time I'll check, I might have some, and will get back to you this eve if I do.

Posts: 941 | Location: VT | Registered: 17 May 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Warne makes a set that are better, in my humble opinion, than the Ruger. Borwnells Catalog # 58, Page 331.

Web site www.Brownells.com part # 947-00-024 will bring up the page and you can pick the height and finish.

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Posts: 15 | Location: MN | Registered: 26 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GA DEER HUNTER
posted Hide Post
Leupold makes a good set also. (That's why I have an extra set of Ruger rings.) They are evey bit as strong, use the Torx screws, and sit about 5 mm lower than the Ruger rings.

Posts: 392 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GA DEER HUNTER
iwant to use them in my encore 06...i will get my smith to make the one piece base with ruger dove tails.....i like those ruger rings, they go back to zero for all intensive purposes , and are strong and solid
regards daniel

one of us
posted Hide Post
TSJ
let me know if you have something
daniel

one of us
posted Hide Post
yup, I've got a set.
I got to thinking though, how do we get around that BS of no gunparts being shipped to AU?
Send me a PM and we can see what we can figure out without them being confescated.

Posts: 941 | Location: VT | Registered: 17 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just call them commercial machine part samples, and put them in the package in such a way that the original orientation of the individual parts is not obvious. So far, this has worked well for me.

Or, put them in shrink wrap labeled as Barbie Bondage accessories. Don't forget the Ken Doll butt plug and leather straps. Those would whistle right through.

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote