Find
Notify
Tools

Biesen Classic Sporting Rifles
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted
I am trying to get a hold of the Biesen's about machining a stock in an English classic pattern for my rifle. Additionally I was hoping to maybe get a quote on having them finish it too. I have been unable to make contact, but I have not called, I have just e-mail and faxed. I thought this might be easier than pulling them away from their work.

Anyone have an idea what their current waiting period is and how much they have been charging for their stockmaking?

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I talked to Roger Biesen earlier this week. The phone number on their website actually is the cell phone of their engraver. I asked the same question, about a english style stock for my pre-64 70 in 375. He told me to look on his website and look at the pic of the classic style stock he offers. It doesn't quite look the way I want it to look, so I didn't get anymore detalis as for delivery times etc.
It took me several calls before I got more than a voice message. The engraver was very helpful and got me in touch with Roger. Keep trying.

Posts: 1664 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I am not mistaken, the engraver is Roger's Daughter. Her name is Paula.

I currently have a piece of wood at Biesen's waiting to be profiled. its been there a week or two and should be here in a week or two.

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I am really looking for a stock similar to an old Jefferys or H&H, maybe even a Rigby, but I wan the long open grip.

Know anyone who has that pattern. I was told a gentlemen name Ed Shulin of Colorado had patterns?

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote