Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M-1922 Scope Mounts, Lowest possible.
 Login/Join

posted
I have a M-1922 which has been sporterized. The gun came with a Leupold dove-tail one-piece mount and low rings. I was wondering if there were any quality scope mounts that were lower in height then what I currently have. The rear receiver bridge is rather high compared to more modern guns, so the scope rides higher than I would like it. Thanks for your help.

Posts: 7 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 20 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might consider a set of Weaver two-piece bases if they are available for your application.

Also, Burris offers an extra low ring style in their standard, (non-Signature), Zee series. I am not sure if the extra low height is available in the dovetail design from Burris.

Good luck.

Posts: 1171 | Location: Wyoming, USA | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your reply. By the way, this is the M-1903 Springfield training rifle, in .22 Long Rifle. I'll take a look at the Burris offerins. I'm not a fan of the Weaver-style on a fine rifle.

<JBelk>
posted
The classic set-up is the old Redfield one piece with the UN-split scope rings with a 7/8inch Alaskan in them.

I have the rings........I MIGHT even give them up. [Big Grin]

I LOVE M-1922 sporters. This is my last one.

-

posted Hide Post
Wow! My rifle may be "custom Built," but it in no way compares to your M-1922. A beautiful rifle you have there. I'll pass on the Redfield mount, but thanks, any ways. Nice to get a post from the illustrious JBelk. I'm honored! I was wondering if some of the "baseless" mounts might have a lower/lowest height.

[ 04-17-2003, 03:43: Message edited by: kimber40x ]

posted Hide Post
The Burris ZEE type aare actually the Weaver format, and I am looking for another style of ring. The Talley one-piece rings are a possibility, but they don't offer a M-1903 unit. I suppose they could custom mill a unit, but....
Any other ideas out there?

Thanks

<JBelk>
posted
Kimber40X---

You just about have to use a one piece base. Check some of the old/obsolete/collectors mount dealers in the Gun List.

Ask for a Redfield JR mount marked S-03 or 03.

On a .22 it makes no difference but the centerfires have trouble with the strange radius and very thin bridge to screw to. One piece bases makes sense.

BTW-- The rile above was the ACGG #9 (1993). A man in the Mid-West won it for a $20 raffle ticket.