New
Find
Notify
Tools

Talley's new one piece ring-base combo
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone used this new Talley one piece base-ring yet?

[ 11-07-2003, 19:44: Message edited by: Terry Blauwkamp ]

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a set on a 22lr built by New Ultralight Arms. They are nice looking.

If I am not mistaken Talley is now making the one piece rings/bases for ULA.

I seem to remember that the new one piece rings/bases are alos about 1/10" lower than the corrosponding hieght Talley QD rings and bases, but I may be wrong.

GPT

<KBGuns>
posted
I put a set on a friends rifle. An FN mauser he had rebarreled and stocked in .338-'06 Improved. I had to drill and tap a hole for the rear base as the it did not match the holes already in the reciever, although the mounts were for comerical mausers. They looked great installed. I would use them on my rifles, if I were looking for light weight.

Kristofer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone got a pic at all ??

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.talleyrings.com/al.htm

I have a set on a lightweight 338-06 and really like them. They are beautifully machined and are the same one that ULA has supplied with their rifles for years. Reasonably priced too.

Posts: 354 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
wonder if he is going to make them in steel? [Confused]

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
<HBH>
posted
I use them on a Pre - 64 and a Rem. 700 ML. light weight and no windage screw to go haywire. I like them.

HBH

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Thats a rehash of the old Holden bings. [Roll Eyes] Nothing new there.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the Holden's as well and there is no comparison to the Talley's. The Holden's are junk.

Posts: 354 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote