New
Find
Notify
Tools

True calling in Life
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
After many years of not knowing what my true calling in life was, I think I have found it. I am going to start Checkering rifle stocks. My mentor's are Customstox's and Mr Kehr. After seeing the work done by these men, I got to thinking that a person with my talent, it would be a piece of cake.I dug around and found a couple of tools to get me started and will be available to start doing "custom jobs" no later than 3/01/04. This will give me a couple of days to get the patterns down. I will be offering 4lp 1 1/12" and 6lp 1 1/2"

Here are a couple of pictures of the tools I have now

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jimmy those tools should work.

Chic has nicer ones but he can never find them.

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post

Jimmyd you can mail my tools back anytime.

I see I need to install surveillance cameras in my shop.

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Howard, I have a free spot on 3/3/04 between 2pm and 3:15 that I could start work on the G33 project.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of scw
posted Hide Post
LOL, Very funny Jimmy!

You should see what I can do with a dremel these days!!

Posts: 281 | Location: Utah | Registered: 24 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DAMB!!!!

Another of our "super-duper secret gunsmithing tricks" has been revealed.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Big Marv, it appears that these other fine stock makers just do tooo fine of a job. Most of the requests that I'm getting is from fellows that want a bit rougher checker job so they can hang on to those Big Bores. It could be that I finally found my niche in life.
Being the puter wiz that I am, I should have ya runnin at full speed in no time.

As a side note guys, if ya want some of the finest scope bases and rings around get ahold of Marv, His work is outstanding.

posted Hide Post
Ok Jimmy...now when you get some free time in between the flood of checkering jobs...how about coming up here to Chilvers Road to program and run my CNC for a few hours each day ?....Marv

Posts: 3 | Location: Chehalis, WA | Registered: 06 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You're just the person I've been looking for!! Can I send you the boat paddle stock of my old Ruger to have the checkering re-done? I'll fax it to you - should work, shouldn't it?

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post

your toolroom looks good to me,however you may need a ball peen for the other hand

Posts: 2 | Location: Cape coral Fl, | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SSSSSSSSSWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!

Posts: 614 | Location: Miami, Florida USA | Registered: 02 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Jimmy,
I like your tools but there is an easier way. Just get a waffle iron good and hot, lay your stock in there, and press real hard.

They come out looking like this. I do all my stocks this way.