New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser Action
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Was at a gun store today and saw a Mauser rifle action was marked 98GEWR, I believe, in 6.5 x 55 I kinda liked and it was priced at about $360.00.

I know many like this chambering but I would prefer 7x57 other than a rebarrel would I have to do any other work to convert this rifloe to a 7x57?????

Hope that is enought info. for some kind of help.

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it was just an action (not a barreled action) how did you determine it was 6.5? It sounds to me like it was a Mauser 98 Gewehr, which was likely in 8x57mm caliber originally; if true, there'd be little to do besides installing a 7x57mm barrel.

Bud W

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sorry it was the whole Rifle. And the Barrel was stamped 6.5 x 55.

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a barreled action in 7 x 57. Its a 1909 Argentine action, but doesn't have any bottom metal, but the barrel is a brand new 7 x 57 barrel from E. R. Shaw. You could buy it from me for $300. The bolt handle has already been taken care of as well.

One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
JTEX PM sent.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know many like this chambering but I would prefer 7x57 other than a rebarrel would I have to do any other work to convert this rifloe to a 7x57?????

I don't see why you would. Except for bullet diameter, these rounds are almost the same size.

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote