Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charles Daly Mauser stock
 Login/Join

posted
Hey all, I'm new here and this is the first post. I have a Charles Daly Mauser chambered in .30-06 with a 24 inch barrel. I still have the old plastic stock that came with the rifle, and I am looking for a bavarian style stock similar to the one I have on my CZ 550 Lux. Any one know where I can find one or have one made for a reasonable price? I am not to particular on the wood grade as it is a woods rifle not a safe queen. Thanks for any input you all have

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Posts: 7 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 27 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

I have no advice, but I do like and appreciate this quote!

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might try Great American Gunstocks. You would need to do some work yourself, but it could be fun if your are "handy". Goto:http://www.gunstocks.com/

Try the Bargain Gallery then pull Mauser and look for Chas Daly/, also try fine the Fine High Grade Button.

Good luck and welcome to the Board!

Jim

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yo JR,

Welcome aboard from The Fatherland, too!

Like Dall85 said - the last time I looked at Great American Gunstocks they had stocks available for the Charles Daly Mausers.

If you stick to the lower grade walnut you can get a stock made for a very reasonable price. You'll have to have someone finish it for you or do it yourself though.

If you want the Full-Monty, that's available too but the price will rise accordingly.

Personally, on this Mauser variant AGS's Oberndorf Stock model would really tickle my Funny-Button.

Have Fun with your Rifle.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I checked out AGS and I really like the Oberndorf Classic, I think it is the style I am looking for and will give the ol' girl a classic look, and it's only 110 bucks for a walnut stock. all the finishing I can do myself. Again thanks boys

Posts: 7 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 27 April 2008Reply With Quote