New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photos now posted-New Serengeti Laminated Stock
 Login/Join

<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
Pictures are now posted********** Today I received my custom laminated stocked .375 Ackley from Serengeti, and I'd like to share the photos of it with the members here. The photos are in an email from Serengeti that I'd like to forward to someone so they can post them here for others to see. If you can post them, please PM me, and I'll forward the email to you. Thanks for your help.

one of us
posted Hide Post
PM sent.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
That's what I love about AR: everybody wants to lend a helping hand. Yours is the 3rd offer to post the pics, right behind Chuck Nelson, and Browningguy. Thank you all. Once they're up, I'll explain what I had done, and answer any questions.

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice rifle!

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks good!

You taking that to Africa next year?

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
Chuck, thanks for posting these for me. That was really quick.

The rifle started out as a Model 70 Stainless Classic in .375 H&H. About 4 or 5 years ago I had it rechambered to the Ackley Improved. Three and a half months ago, I sent it out to Serengeti Stockworks after I picked out a nice AAA Claro blank from their website, and requested it be stocked in their Merlin configuration. I had them add a Decelerator Pad, slim line cheekpiece, and just went with the standard checkering and hunter oil finish and Uncle Mike's studs. I had the action bedded, and recoil lugs installed. Then I had them apply their Sere-Coat finish.

The wood to metal fit is perfect, and the checkering and finish are second to none. I can't wait to get it out to the range and see if it still shoots sub moa groups. I know I'm prejudiced, but I think it's the best looking laminated stock I've ever seen.

<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
McCray-yes, this is what I'll be taking to Namibia in May. I have a Leupold 1.75X6E set in Talley Q.D. rings to top it off.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
Quote:

Beautiful rifle! Not trying to be personal, but how much did the wood for the stock set you back and where did you find it? I'd like to have a 7mm-08 done by Serengeti. Thanks, Mike

No problem. The blank was supplied by Serengeti, and I picked it out after seeing it on their website www.serengetistockworks.com They charge 400 dollars for their AAA blanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle! Not trying to be personal, but how much did the wood for the stock set you back and where did you find it? I'd like to have a 7mm-08 done by Serengeti. Thanks, Mike

Posts: 916 | Location: USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip. I got mine from Paul & Sharon Dressel. Yours, I think, looks a little prettier. Hope it shoots as good as it looks. My .375 H&H will shoot 270 grain Nosler Fail Safes (hand loads) and Federal Premium Safari 300 grain Nosler Partitions almost touching or clover-leafing with no fliers at 100 yards. I'll post some pictures later today hopefully. Mike

<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
Well, I got it out to the range late yesterday afternoon. The winds were whipping around pretty good earlier in the day, so I had to wait until around 4:00. I only had time to shoot 3, 3 shot groups, as I wanted to let it cool down between each shot. I also gave it a cleaning between each 3 shot group. The largest group measured .98", and the smallest was .76". The groups were measured center to center. I don't know what the loading is, as they are done up for me by a professional reloader, and all he says is it's a safe loading. I'm getting 2680 fps shooting 300 grain Swift A-frames.

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a laminated stock???? Wow!! It's beautiful...

Want one... hehehe

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
You can check them out on www.serengetistockworks.com I was very pleased with their quality and how well they kept me up to date on the progress of the project.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

How many laminations are in your stock? The blank that Accubond did for me is five. Some of them may be as few as three laminations. This is why they look so good as it's all the same wood, for the most part, on each side.

I had mine laminated as the left and right side did not match and now they do.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A really beautiful rifle. Best wishes hunting with it!

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How do I post pictures on AR from my computer? Or if anyone would care to post them for me I'd gladly send them along. Thanks, Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't say enough about my Serengeti stock that I received last week.
I had them add an ebony forearm, metal grip cap, recoil pad, cross bolt, basic checkering, and glass bed it.
If you look real close on the first picture you can see one of the 5 laminated pieces of wood at the top of the pistol grip. It appears a little redder than the stock.
This piece of wood was a AA Claro from their inventory.
Action is a MRC in 358win.

<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
Very nice looking rifle. The stock looks good too-nice color, and grain-straight through the grip and action. The checkering looks well executed.