New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger MKII Factory Stock
 Login/Join

<Mick>
posted
Anyone have a Ruger MKII 416 factory stock that they would like to get rid of?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mick,

How about the whole gun???

------------------
Speak softly and carry a really big MAGNUM.

Regards,

Mark

Posts: 396 | Location: North East Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
<Mick>
posted
I am not saying that it won't eventually come to that. At this point I am trying to repair the old one. I have been told by McMillan that they won't even make one at this point.

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Mick: what happened to the original stock? did it break from shooting? if so, after how many rounds and what did Ruger have to say about it? I have one in 416 also, with about 100 rounds through it. I'll be taking it to Africa in 04, but I will be sending it to Mark Penrod for a complete tune up that will include "steel Bedding" among other things. thanks, jorge

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
<500 AHR>
posted
Jorge,

The steel bed will last a while. Unless Mr. Penrod adds a recoil lug nothing will keep that Ruger from self destructing.

Todd E

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
OK TOdd, to say you've "peaked" my interest is an understatement. I have one of the original Ruger Rigby's, I mean it's like #100 of the line and I've never had a problem with it. It has at least 100-150 rounds through it. Please can you expand on your comments? I'm planning on a return to Africa in 04 and I need it! jorge

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote