Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington Model 721 Questions
 Login/Join

posted
Have a Rem. Model 721. Want to buy a new stock for it , just wondering if a 700 style stock would fit. It looks the same except for the bottom metal doesn't have a hinged floor plate. Would a modern floorplate bolt right up to it?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It does work to fit a 721 in a 700 stock. The big problem is fitting the barrel channel, which is merely a matter of taking your time with the right chisels and scrapers. The action usually drops right in, and you can use a 700 magazine assembly.

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
721 safety lever will also hit your bdl stock,so you need to take some wood out there,or put a 700 trigger in,then you need to take some metal off the rear tang for the 700 lever to clear

Posts: 339 | Location: tx | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A 700 ADL will work but needs ADL screws and possibly mag box. My memory is weak.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1621 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Would a modern floorplate bolt right up to it?

I assume that you want the hinged BDL trigger guard assembly? Yes, it will bolt right up to the reciver and you will have to inlet the stock for it unless you're using a 700 BDL stock and then only the sight "donut" on the barrel will need special attention. I'm with "wtb", put a 700 trigger (or aftermarket) and replace the 721 bolt handle with a 700 bolt handle.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote