Find
Notify
Tools

Re: M70 3pos safety
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted
I see your point Will. I have tried to get my .404 to "fire" while disengaging the safety, but it hasn't, yet. If I do get one the end of the year, I'll shoot it a bit & see if it bugs me. If so, then a change to the M70 style will be in order.

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Due to the amount of cz's I own it would be cost prohibitive for me to change so I have gotton used to the 2 pos and I really like it it is quick and simple. Funnily enough my 9.3 cz has a 3 pos saftey on the side while all my other cz's are 2 pos ??

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I know I didn't address your question, but I have even convinced Ray that the CZ safety is better than the Mod. 70. (which is hysterical...not so long ago he was part of the Mod. 70 safety bandwagon, but I noticed not too long ago that he was singing the praises of a 2-position safety...but he is old!).

I know this OPINION is contrary to the norm but I think the Mod. 70 is wasted motion, dangerous if you happen to touch the trigger when it is the middle position when pushing it to OFF (scared the crap out of me and the PH last year), and slow when in a dangerous game situation. I noticed that my PH one year had the safety in the middle position when we were approaching some jumbo (the on-to-off motion is just two much motion for quick action). I had no such concern with my 2-position CZ safety.

You'll change your mind someday!

Posts: 19321 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
But Will, what about that gosh awful looking bolt shroud on the CZ 550? I don't disagree about function, just aesthetics (ugly may only be skin deep, but that's the part that I have to look at ). My real preference is the '98 military type shroud contour for looks, but then I like the "charger hump" left on the rear receiver ring as well....guess I am just showing my age . We old guys can't all be up-to-date in our thinking like you .

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote