New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trap Grip Caps other than NECG?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need one in a larger size than they offer, I called and it only comes in one size. Any others out there? Thanks.
Steve

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Talley used to make on... not sure if they still do. www.talleyrings.com

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure, but I think that Steven Heilman offers one.
www.metalandwood.com

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi, The last I saw was from EAW the scope mount people in Germany. www.eaw.de Cheers from Australia

"Travel Light, Travel Fast and carry a Big Bore"

Posts: 59 | Location: DUBBO NSW AUSTRALIA | Registered: 09 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still looking, no luck so far.....

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
EAW makes the trap grip caps that NECG sells.
Good luck.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve Heilmann, the custom stockmaker, used to make and sell, I believe

Posts: 10702 | Registered: 28 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Steven Heilman used to advertise his grip caps on his website, but I don't see one now. You might shoot him an e-mail.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
already ready spoke to him.....Its looking like I am either going to have to skip the trap grip or do some serious smithing, I may just enlarge a smaller cap by adding a thin spacer. I'm not sure the trap in the grip is worth that much more work, but it is my rifle. Then again I may just say oh well and go for a steel grip cap sans trap. Either way, I need to decide soon. Thanks for the input.
Steve

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know how much of a hurry you're in, but we have made prototypes of what I call a "skeleton trap cap" There is no machined cavity, but a big opening, allowing the wood to be opened up to about any configuraion. I'll try to post photos...but I emphasize this is in the development/prototype stage.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane,
have you established the dimensions? I would like my grip to come in about 1.430" wide give or take a bit. If I have the outer shape of the cap I can shape the grip. Thanks,
Steve

One of Us
posted Hide Post
1.355 x 1.775

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks Duane....looks like I may get friendly with my tig machine.
Steve