Find
Notify
Tools

Another, Pre-64 Model 70 Value?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of aktoklat
posted
I have a Pre-64 M70 that is the Alaskan Model in .338 Win Mag with a 25" bbl that is in 98% condition and all original. Do any of the forum folks know the value or what price it should or will bring.
Thanks in advance.

Focus on the leading edge!

Posts: 453 | Location: Louisiana by way of Alaska | Registered: 02 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw one on the Cabela's web page but NIB (with box), asking price was $2999, if I remember correctly...it may still be on the site??

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
98% is one hellva find. In my area it would bring 2250+ all day long. On the auction sites it may even top out around 3K. Is it for sale?

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of aktoklat
posted Hide Post
I have been thinking about selling it. I have owned this rifle for over twenty years and have yet to use it. I have a push feed that I carried and used for over ten years while living in Alaska. The push feed will routinely group under an inch at 200 yds, I could not justify using another rifle when the push feed has served me so well. So, I am considering selling it or give it to my son who does not hunt!

Focus on the leading edge!

Posts: 453 | Location: Louisiana by way of Alaska | Registered: 02 November 2004Reply With Quote