New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need AHR 3 position safety installed
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Since I was unable to get in contact with z1r, I am looking for a gunsmith, preferably in the northern Colorado area to install an AHR safety on my CZ550. I tried Matrix, the ones who took over the CZ550 work that AHR used to do and they are not taking any new work. If anyone has a suggestion, I would appreciate it. I am leery of shipping firearms, so try to avoid it as much as possible. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1665 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check with Kevin Weaver in Peyton. (I know, I know, that's not Northern CO...)

Posts: 1244 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, Kevin Weaver. I just shipped him some to install.

Wayne

Posts: 1253 | Location: Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks both of you for the referral. I will get in touch with him this week.

Posts: 1665 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Wayne

When you ship to Kevin does he need the entire action or just the bolt and receiver?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For a CZ 550 he will need the action with bolt, trigger and sear.

For a BRNO ZKK the bottom metal will be required also as the trigger is pinned to the trigger guard.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I did a ZKK last month; they are very precisely made and required little fitting. They come with a little round plug to cover up the old safety hole.

Posts: 17278 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bitterroot are any of those safeties currently available for a left hand CZ 550. Or will be in the near future. I prefer the safety to fold in on the opposite side of the bolt handle. Can a right handed safety be threaded to a LH action.

Posts: 1023 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We no longer have any LH safeties for the CZ 550 and will not be making any more. We made one big batch when the LH rifles first came out but they have all been installed.

A right hand safety (right-hand threads) cannot be installed on a LH bolt (left-hand threads).

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
But you have RH safeties available?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, but we only sell and ship to Gunsmiths with an FFL, who know what they're doing.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Understand. Will have our guy contact you.