New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rebluing a Dakota 76
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I’m looking at a Dakota rifle that has some minor bluing wear. If I were to get the entire gun reblued, does anyone have experience with Glenrock Blue? Any other recommendations?

one of us
posted Hide Post
You can blue it yourself.
www.rustblue.com

quote:
Originally posted by Tex84:
I’m looking at a Dakota rifle that has some minor bluing wear. If I were to get the entire gun reblued, does anyone have experience with Glenrock Blue? Any other recommendations?

Posts: 3776 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bobster,,,, we don't do gunsmithing here.
We ask who can do it for us. Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It has been several years since I used Glenrock, but all I needed was their 'hot' tanks as I had prepared the metal before I sent it. They do have a very good reputation, though.

Posts: 713 | Location: fly over America, also known as Oklahoma | Registered: 02 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ahlmans in morrriston mn does lots of bluing and has a special price right now

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Give Rogers gun works in Georgia a call. He did a perfect job on my (rare) Grisel 98. He's on AR.

quote:

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5231 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote