Find
Notify
Tools

Remington Rolling Block
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted
I have a really nice rolling block action given to me and I've never done one before. Doe's anyone know what the threads are on one of these old girls? Jim

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
Who made it? That is, presuming you don't mean you actually have a "Remington" Remington Rollingblock action.

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a record of three different tennon sizes for Remington rolling block actions. The military, the no.1-1/2, and the 1902 7mm rifle. All use a square thread at 12 tpi. If you can tell me some more about it like the inside dia and length of the receiver thread I might be able to give you dimensions. Jerry

Posts: 154 | Location: Clio, Alabama | Registered: 17 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
Jerry,
It appears to have a patent date of 1902 but the last number was mis-struck just a bit and it is hard to read. It seems to say Octr 22nd 1902. The inside diameter is 1.014.
It is drilled and tapped where the saddle ring goes but it does not have one. Serial # is 1478. This action is in really great shape and I would like to barrel it in 38-55.
The measurement from the face of the action to the block is 1.500. Thanks for any help. Jim

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Frank De-Haas book of single shots has a pretty thorough list of various thread dimensions for single shot barrels.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim
From the dimensions you give it sounds like you have a no.1 remington 7mm smokeless action. This has the largest barrel tennon at 1.430 long and 1.00 length of thread. Thread major dia is 1.055 and minor dia is 1.00. Thread is 12 tpi square thread. Barreling to 38-55 should be no major problem with only a little extractor work. Please email me if you would like to discuss this further. Jerry

Posts: 154 | Location: Clio, Alabama | Registered: 17 May 2003Reply With Quote