New
Find
Notify
Tools

H&R/Sako L61 R
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Recently purchased like new subject rifle and the trigger was a good stiff 5 lbs according to my trigger weights. Manual warns agains going below 1.5 killograms for fear of AD in bumping, dropping, etc. Well, I adjusted something just a whisper over 2 lbs and breaks very clean and crisp. Have attempted to have it go off with several hard slams of the bolt, bouncing off of carpet floor, etc. and it will not drop the firing pin w/and w/o safety engaged. Safety is very positive and works just like it is supposed to do. Trigger seems simple enough, robust, quality material or seems as such and wondering if I have gone too far and is there some quirk one should know about Sako triggers?? Any Sako experienced "hands" out there would like to hear from you about this trigger. Thanks

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've adjusted a lot of Sako triggers. Some will safely adjust lighter than others. You've done exactly the right procedure in slamming the bolt repeatedly and bumping the butt on the floor. If you've done this and had no firing pin drops, then your trigger is fine at the lighter setting. There are few triggers nicer than a Sako #4 that will safely go down to 2 pounds or less, although not all of them will do it without internal clean up.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Stonecreek,
Thanks for the feedback. I am impressed with the trigger and have some Jewell triggers on "retired" match rifles and this trigger is equal to those which is a plus. Again, thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote