Find
Notify
Tools

Source for M70 magazine spring?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi everybody,

I figured this would best place to ask this.

I recently bought a Sears M53 in 30-06, and at some point somebody fixed a broken floorplate using a long piece of aluminum and sheet metal screws. For some reason they also cut off the bottom "leaf" of the magazine spring.

I ordered a new Sears M53-specific floorplate from Numrich, but haven't been able to find a magazine spring anywhere.

Everything I found online said that the M53 was the same as a Win M70, but I haven't been able to find a post-64 M70 spring anywhere.

I checked Numrich, Brownells, Wisners, and Midway but none of them carry it. Does anybody know of a place that stocks these?

TIA

Posts: 89 | Location: SW Washington | Registered: 23 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do a search for Midwest Gun Parts, I have bought Win parts from them before.

Blagg Rifles, Eastern OR

Posts: 103 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 06 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Got my last spring and follower from the company(M70 Classic).

Winchester Guns

If you call them, they should be able to hook you up.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in. --- Greek Proverb

Posts: 714 | Location: Sorexcuse, NY | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you can find an old mauser spring and modify it to fit you will have a better spring.

Posts: 2832 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies. I called Winchester today, and they told me to call Nu-Line Guns in Missouri. I sent them an e-mail today, but I may just order a Mauser spring from Numrich. They're cheap enough that I wouldn't really feel bad about messing it up.

One last question. It looks like there's a small platic plug holding the spring in place. Does this just press out? I'm assuming it does, but I don't want to force it without being sure.

Here's a couple pics of what I'm dealing with. I know it's dirty, but this is the condition it was in when I picked it up last week, and I figured I'd clean the follower once I get the spring off.

Posts: 89 | Location: SW Washington | Registered: 23 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
Call Winchester Parts - no idea why they referred you out. 1-800-322-4626 ext. 863

Below are the part #'s you need. I suggest getting a new follower while you are at it so the spring will attach correctly.

30/06 follower - U353601130 - $14.50

30/06 length follower sring - U356420930 - $4.00

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote