New
Find
Notify
Tools

us firearms qualty
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
In your opinion is the us firearms single action army, I believe costing about 1250 dollars, have good timeing, and close lockup tolerances, and good cylinder to barrel alignment.. Sorry if my decriptions of what im asking is not correct.... Ive been trying to find a colt (type) saa .45 cal 7 1/2 inch barreled gun that can equal the quality fo the older smiths. If i cant find a good quality saa, ill eventually buy an older smith in excelent condition.. Ive never had a bad smith or one that shot bad for that matter.. But I want the lighter saa type gun.. any help appreciated.. thanks dave..

hunter, blackpowder shooter, photographer, gemology, trap shooter,duck hunter,elk, deer, etc..

Posts: 249 | Location: central montana | Registered: 17 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have owned two of them...and several 3rd generation Colts....I would pick the USFA over a new COLT any day! Their fit and finish put the Colt to shame. I sold mine when I got out of cowboy action shooting, but am thinking about buying another one in 44 Special with 5.5" barrel...my favorite SA combination.

Posts: 1664 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote