THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Re: Colt Woodsman, Second Series Master Sight screw

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Colt Woodsman, Second Series Master Sight screw
 Login/Join

posted
By second series do you mean post-WW II Colt Woodsmen or the changes made in production before WW II ?

Bill G.

Posts: 32 | Location: MA. USA | Registered: 05 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anyone have a lead on an elevation screw for a Master Sight on a Colt Woodsman, Second series. Alternatively the entire sight or sight and slide?

At this point we don't even know what one looks like, so a drawing of such would be a start in the right direction. Have tried Gun Parts Corp (no success there).

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Posts: 121 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Post WWII, I beleive the manufacturing date is about 1948. Going from memory here, could have been very early 1950's. The pistol was won by a friends father in Montana on a "punch board" game then. What a thing to win.

posted Hide Post
I have 2 ,,, one is the 4" barreled and the other 6" ... What do you need to know ?
bill g.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I have 2 ,,, one is the 4" barreled and the other 6" ... What do you need to know ?
bill g.

My neighbor has one that is missing the elevation screw from the rear sight. Would like to locate one. It also be very helpful to know what one looks like. The rear sight is a Master Sight. If either of your pistols has this sight and it would be possible to remove the screw and take a digital photo and send it to me that would be a real help. Also if you know of any source for parts that might pan out for us too.

If you can e-mail a phote please send it to pwlibby@cs.com. Please use Woodsman Photo in the subject line.

Thank for the help.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

bill g.

WEG, please check your PM

posted Hide Post
Got your PM , and will check email in the AM ...Will send Digital Picture also in AM ..
Bill G.