THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remember the messed up barrel band on my 375?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I don't know how many here remember but back in November probably I had a problem with a rifle that i bought second hand, a Mod. 70 Classic Safari Express in 375H&H. Previous owner had messed up the band and swaged in an uncle mike's quick detach swivel. In trying to get the pin that was in there out I turned it offcenter on the barrel.

I was going to have the local shop do the fix, but after their last work done for me and them not having a good idea about how to fix it I sent it to my gunsmith instead. Not only did it get smoothed out, lined up and tightened, but rather than filing it down to the depth of the gouges he managed to get it almost to the dimensions it originally had. Metal Magic!

Now the triggerguard is out getting some inlay done, once that comes back and I can afford the bases, rings and scope I'll be all set! :-)

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful job! Amazing what can be done by a master gunsmith.

Posts: 863 | Location: Mtns of the Desert Southwest, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Nice repair. Indiscernible from the original. Are you getting excited to shoot your 375?

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote