New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interarms Mark X Question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Some interarms Recievers say alexandria Virginia Only, Some also say manchester england also. What is the differences. Are the recievers from different places?

I see the England ones have the CZ crest. Also what is the whiteworth?

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All of the receivers were made in Yugoslavia.

The Whitworth series rifles were originally assembled in Manchester, England and then imported into Alexandria, Virginia.

In later years the Whitworth name was used on rifles that had been completely assembled in Yugoslavia and imported to Virginia.

Basically, the Whitworth name doesn't mean much. Rifles assembled in England will be marked as such, and the quality on them varies as well. Some are very nice, others were assembled Monday morning or Friday afternoon. You have to judge each one individually.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All are made in yugoslavia?

Do some have other stampings like Za... Ceck... (sp)

I wondered if certain ones are beter/ slicker operating or more desirable . Or had a better bottom metal or anything else better...

I think Ive noticed some have pretty nice classic stocks and others have ugly or cheapo boxy, square looking stocks.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All actions were made in Yugoslavia by Zastava. Also known as Crvena Zastava (CZ). Not to be confused with Czeska Zbrojovka (also CZ) of the Czech Republic.

The actions were made over a good number of years. Quality varies from one year to the next, depending on who was working during that period.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
The early models had the release in the guard instead of the cross pin. I prefer it. The basic rifle was the Viscount. Very plain. There was a version called the Cavalier that had a nicer stock with rosewood tip and cap. The metal was still the same. This is a poor picture of a Cavalier.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote