Notify
Tools

custom barrel really dumb question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted
Ok folks,
i have zero knowledge about how to cut/chamber a barrel, hence the most likely really dumb question to follow Wink....

OK, i have a t/c dimension (the changeable barrel bolt rifle); and i'd love a .260rem barrel.

t/c no longer has a custom shop and cannot make me a custom barrel for it.

is there a way to buy a smaller barrel (.22-250 for example), and have it recut to a .260rem? i realize a barrel rifled for a specific caliber may be rechambered, but a complete barrel, idk if i can make it a totally different caliber/chamber.

thank you

Posts: 784 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Provided there is enough metal on the smaller barrel rifle barrels are rebored all the time.
http://www.cutrifle.com/reboring.html

Can they do a Dimensions barrel I have no clue.

Do a search here on AR for reboring and you will find a number of quality shops that do reboring. Then simply ask.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
thank you, i'll check out some places/prices and see if its worth having it done or just buying another rifle.

Posts: 784 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
If my memory is working at all the Dimension bolt locks into the barrel. Right???

If that is the case then I would think 243 as the parent barrel. Then you don't need to rechamber simply rebore.

But listen to the experts (not me)

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote