THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grandview, a question about your 1903-Linden.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am a little late to the party but would like to tell you that�s a nice looking Linden. I have one question relative to the bolt knob that has been checkered....presumably by Emil Koshollek. Would you look at the checkering under magnification and see if it's a separate piece of steel with checkering has been inserted into a hole in the bolt knob? Thanks, Michael Petrov / Alaska

-

[ 06-20-2003, 06:01: Message edited by: akguy ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Linden did at least one Krag, saw it advertised in Shotgun News maybe ten fifteen years ago before I got interested in Krag sporters, think it still had the original 30" barrel and I vaguely recall it may have been maple. Would sure like to find it.

Posts: 1233 | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GrandView
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akguy:
I am a little late to the party but would like to tell you that�s a nice looking Linden.

Heh Heh.....

It's been awhile Michael, but you might recognize that Linden. I sent you a brief video of it a few years ago when I was trying to find people that were familiar with Linden's work. It was shortly after your article in Precision Shooting.

The bolt knob has been checkered directly rather than Emil's method of checkering a "plug".

Is the book on Linden still in your future?

[Smile]

GV

Posts: 768 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 18 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well you got me there, I always forget a name but seldom a rifle. That�s one of the better looking Lindens I have seen in awhile.

The �Book� would have to cover all the pre-1940 makers not just Linden, the answer is I�m about done with the writing, it�s the pictures I need.

I have been trying to locate more of the �Plugged� bolts with little success.

Don�t see many of the older custom rifles around much so it was nice to run across yours, again
;-). Michael

one of us
Picture of GrandView
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akguy:
The �Book� would have to cover all the pre-1940 makers not just Linden, the answer is I�m about done with the writing, it�s the pictures I need.

Well, I certainly look forward to your book.

If my Linden is a worthwhile subject for a picture I'd be happy to oblige. My email is in my profile.

GV

one of us
Picture of GrandView
posted Hide Post
delete...

[ 06-20-2003, 10:59: Message edited by: GrandView ]