Notify
Tools

Re: Deciphering the Savage Model #'s
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Thanks.
That's what I wanted to know.

Posts: 167 | Location: Rockwall (Dallas), TX | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was hoping someone could unlock the mystery for me of the Savage Model #s.

Their website only shows current production rifles. In the recent past their have been models 10,11,12,16 and also models 110,111,112,and 116. I assumed that the differences in these was simply long/short actions but now I'm not so sure. Also what stocks will interchange?

Thanks for any info.

Posts: 167 | Location: Rockwall (Dallas), TX | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Everything with 2 digits, 10, 11, 12, etc. are short actions and the stocks will all interchange. Everything with three digits 110, 111, 112 etc. are all long actions and their stocks will interchange. There was a group of guns made over 20 years ago called the "J series" which were long actions but had different action screw spacings.

Posts: 12608 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
I would also like to add that AK in the model number designates the "adjustable brake". Likewise, "S or SS" designate stainless.I think tha B means it has a laminated stock and F means a synthetic stock.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
If you are interested in the product codes, besides the action length, here they are:

AK -Adjustable Muzzle Brake
B -Laminate Stock
C -Clip (Detachable Box Mag.)
F -Synthetic Stock
G -Hardwood Stock
L -Left Hand
LE -Law Enforcement
ML -Muzzleloader
NS -No Sights
P -Police
SE -Safari Express
SS -Stainless Steel
U -Ultra High Lustre
V -Long Range (Heavy Barrel)
XP -Package Gun
Y -Youth

Posts: 12608 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote