New
Find
Notify
Tools

Freebore or Standard Throat
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does the new Remington CDL in 257 Weatherby have "freebore" or does it have a standard throat length?

One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
The amount of freebore depends on where you seat the bullet. Because it is a Weatherby, the throat will be longer. Or, it should be.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of K20350
posted Hide Post
Before you go and buy a .257 CDL look it over very carefully. 3 of my friends ordered them in the fluted CDl version and the fit is just total junk on them. I am not a Remington hater just it is literally unexcusable. My one friend is a Remy die hard if you cut him he would bleed green. He was literally heart broken when his finally came in. He waited 6 months for it and there was no way he was taking it home. The tool marks were horrible on the action. You would not believe the chatter marks in the flutes on the barrel. I don't know if they were trying to cut production costs but they never should have left the factory. Just be warned.

Posts: 445 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote