New
Find
Notify
Tools

pre 64 stock
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I restocked a pre 64 300H&H and have the original wooden stock. Is that worth anything? Pretty it isn't but its not cracked or anything.

Perry

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd like to have first dibs if you decide to sell it.

Posts: 219 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: 03 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
People sell them all the time. Just look on eBay and you will see some.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
ebay should net you $250 plus, quite a bit more if it's in real good shape and all original.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Perry....Label that original stock, and put it away in a "cool, dry place." One day your decendants will be glad you saved the original stock.
Two pre-64s in my collection have been restocked, I think, because they were transition, low comb stocks. The original stocks were long gone when I purchased the guns..........Wish I had them, so I could return the rifles to original, if I desired. Grant.

Posts: 336 | Location: SE Minnesota | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would coincider selling it but have no earthly idea of a RESONABLE value. If I sell it, it will be to an AR bretheren at a fair price. So what are they worth?

Perry

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
It is one of those items whose worth isn't easily established. The market sets the price and the market varies, it's not like selling a McMillan stock where you could price it at 75% of retail.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I sold one on ebay a few months ago and got a lot for it. WOuld have to look it up, but think it was ~$285. Even stocks that have been cut and bedded go for over $100. Definitely worth soem money, especially if no glass bedding or a cut stock.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I sold a pre-64 stock on e-Bay that had been altered and I said so along with pictures of the alterations. The previous owner(s) had sanded it down to the point the checkering was just visible and the forend was sanded so bad it had a shad-belly to it. I still got $125 for it.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote