New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 721 ejection problem
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
fellas, this .300HH 721 has a lazy way of ejecting shells. I bought a year or so back an actual new extractor for this an installed that and also bought a Wolff ejector spring....still not doing much good. I am wondering if a new mag/follower spring would help?

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
how do I post a pic of my rifle here?

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grizz007:
how do I post a pic of my rifle here?

You cannot post pics direct to here. You have to join a site like Photobucket (free) and then upload your photos to that site. Simple enough to do just hit the upload button on your PB page once you have one and select photos from your folders on your computer and they will upload to your PB page.

Once there if you point to a photo a small symbol appears in the upper right of the photo, point to it and a drop down gives you a choice, point and click on on 'Share Links' and from that drop down go down to 'IMG codes' and click on the link under that heading.

Now in your new post on AR right click in the post window and select paste. The link to your photo appears. Once you have finished in your new post, selected 'post now' and your photo will appear in your new post for all to see.

Posts: 3880 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks for the pointers...will try soon.

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
No, magazine follower and/or spring has nothing to do with ejection. If a new ejector spring didn't fix it, and the ejector moves freely, you might adjust the ejector travel by lengthening the notch allowing it to protrude a bit more, and re spare the end of it so it maximizes the leverage it has on the case, sort of the way a Garand ejector does.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Toomany Tools has it.
The 300 H&H is a long skinny case and it can swing into the right lug slot at the front of the receiver. If there is not much stroke on ejector plunger it might not have much tension on it by the time the case mouth is against the inside of the receiver.

The other side of this is .222 and 6mm Rem cases will flip out rotating like a helicopter and will ding the top edge of the stock in front of the bolt handle.

Then there are the fat shouldered .243 cases that wedge into the right lug slot if it is not properly deburred on the inside of the receiver.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John, thanks. you might see this your way down the road. Thought perhaps I would have it ready for fall but not.