THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Need Gunsmith (cocking piece sight on Mauser bolt)

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Gunsmith (cocking piece sight on Mauser bolt)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a Cocking piece peep sight that I would like to have soldered to the cocking piece of a commercial Mauser bolt.

Anyone here that would like to take the job? Smiler

Best;
Brett

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Contact John McLaughlin in Montana.

Mclaughlinfirearms@gmail.com

John makes these sights and knows how to properly attach them. He has good turn around time.

Posts: 874 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Alec,

Thanks-so much! Do you know if it’s necessary to send the whole rifle, or just the bolt?

Best;
Brett

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gues you should ask him. I would think he would need the entire rifle with front sight so he can calibrate the sights.

AT

Posts: 874 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett:
Alec,

Thanks-so much! Do you know if it’s necessary to send the whole rifle, or just the bolt?

Best;
Brett

He did mine and only needed the bolt, he dovetailed it into the cocking piece-- good work and quick turnaround, nice guy too.

Posts: 990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doesn’t the smart money angle the cocking piece nose into the sear, so there is a male/female interface that ensures the rear sight is always in the same position when the rifle is cocked? I’ve seen this on old Rigby’s with this sight arrangement and a few modern creations by Heilmann done that way.

I can’t think how you can only send the bolt to do that.

Posts: 1244 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yessir, installation is the key, so many just dovetail the sight on and its all over a paper plate..Proper installation will return to zero and be as accurate as the gun itself is capable of.
+1 for David Reeds post..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote