New
Find
Notify
Tools

how a rifle barrel is made?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can someone tell me how a rifle barrel is made from start to finish?What kinds of steel?Are they heat treated etc?Are they poured and then drilled? How do they attach to the receiver? What about cryo?My wife works in the corrosion engineering dept. of a large oil company and asked me how a barrel is made?I do not know,so I need to ask the experts? Thanks Turnerhunter

Posts: 111 | Location: Turner Valley, Alberta | Registered: 24 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5852 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tumbleweed. Great article.Covers most of my questions.

Posts: 111 | Location: Turner Valley, Alberta | Registered: 24 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
While the article by border barrels is informative it is also full of opinions so I wouldn't believe every detail it contains.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Interesting article Tumbleweed, Thanks for the link! [Smile]

Posts: 10164 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't thank me...I got it right here on AR, from another poster a few weeks back. It always amazes me how much information one can gather here! [Smile]

Posts: 5852 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Richard Kymble
posted Hide Post
G'day fellas,
Local barrel maker has the following info on their website MAB Barrel making from truck to truck.
Hope you find this informative

Posts: 129 | Location: Brisbane. Queensland. Australia. | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote