Find
Notify
Tools

Wow! What a deal!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/p17-...-enfield-action.aspx

All you have to do is remove the barrel stub, weld up the receiver ring, re-machine/harden and fill in the gap at the rear bridge. And all for just $175! Eeker

Posts: 3780 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Actually, these would make good smokeless muzzle loaders as very little needed in the locking lug department.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Is something needed in the "locking lug department" if you make them into center fire rifles?

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
The pics show that a big piece has been removed from the receiver ring, so, no gunsmithing can correct it. They are permanently hosed up. For center fire rifles.

One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
They say the following: "We would build these into guns but don’t have the time."

I wonder if they just stole a picture on line and didn't notice that the picture was of a cut away action? It would be pretty hard to build them into guns if they really are windowed receivers.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I wish I had 175 to throw away; I would get one and test it; I'll bet it would shoot standard loads till the cows came home. And not kill you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would email them and ask them what the poop is Tom. If they're bastardized they aren't worth $175 USD that's for sure. The price is right for working actions.

I might be a bit biased because I can buy commercial 96 Mausers for $250 CAD which is $195.00 USD and commercial 98s for $325 CAD which is about $273.00 CAD. And those come with barrels and stocks. It's also retail so I could probably get them for -19%.

https://www.tradeexcanada.com/produits/95

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
No they are not worth 175 but if someone will give me one, I will test it out. I am just saying I think you don't really need that top part, for a 30-06.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, it would work for at least one shot. But you might end up spearing your moose with the barrel when it shot out. I think the FN Browning, small ring Mausers had about 4 threads so it might hold together on an -06 case. I'll watch you shoot it though. From over there. Where the beer is. he he

coffee

Rod Henrickson

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
They left the threads intact; removed a piece out of the top between the locking surface and the threads. I stand by my theory.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it gave out, I would think it would be along the goobery red line. I'm not sure how much it would take. It's sort of like arguing how many angels could dance on the head of a pin. You would just have to keep upping the charge until something let go.

p17 by Rod Henrickson, on Flickr

Rod Henrickson

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I said with standard loads; I say it will take the back thrust for at least 100 shots. If someone will send one, I will test it. Don't forget you still have the lower locking lug bearing. Axial Thrust on a 30-06 is not much pressure.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
10,000 pounds. 4,500 frog weight. Or 1-1/4 pickup trucks in redneck measurement.

coffee EGGFAWKINGZACKERY !

Rod Henrickson

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Nope. More like 8000 and less than half that with a dry chamber. It will hold.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ok, called them and here is the scoop: The photo used was one of an old cut-away receiver. The actual ones are whole and have been sandblasted. All or most all of the other parts are NOS. The parts are not assembled but arrive as separate pieces. If that's the case, that ain't such a bad deal.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That wouldn't be out of line for price in that case. But now we'll have to cut one up for Tom to blow up! There's always a catch, isn't there?

lol he he

Rod Henrickson

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
I think that's a white square over the serial #

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I wanted a cut open one so I could test it. I don't need a good one. I still would like to test my theory.
But that isn't a bad deal, now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
I wanted a cut open one so I could test it. I don't need a good one. I still would like to test my theory.
But that isn't a bad deal, now.

Now now now Tom. Everything's gonna be OK. Damned people and their false advertising selling un-fawked up receivers as fawked up receivers! There otta be a law. Damned, nasty, false advertising people.

shame he he he he

Rod Henrickson

one of us
posted Hide Post
When you called did they say which manufacturer it was?

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No sir they did not say manufacturer.