New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marlin MR-7 rebarreling Q's
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I know this Marlin action had threads/shank dia the same as the 700 but I'm asking what the shank length is? I would think the 700 barrels would fit given correct headspacing?

Thanks.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
The difference in length of the shank between the MR-7 and R700 is about the same as the recoil lug on the 700. Any pre-threaded 700 barrel will work; just shorten the shank and re-headspace. By the way, if anyone can find or has a bolt for an MR7 they want to shed please let me know. Like the DA I can be sometimes, I lost one and need a replacement.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

The difference in length of the shank between the MR-7 and R700 is about the same as the recoil lug on the 700. Any pre-threaded 700 barrel will work; just shorten the shank and re-headspace. By the way, if anyone can find or has a bolt for an MR7 they want to shed please let me know. Like the DA I can be sometimes, I lost one and need a replacement.

Thank You tiggertate. I'm sure you talked to Marlin? I have found them very helpful.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
aladin
I just measured a factory Marlin barrel I removed from a MR-7 that I rebarreled for a customer.The shank measures .772 in length with a .080 thread relief at the shoulder. Hope this helps.

Posts: 154 | Location: Clio, Alabama | Registered: 17 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

aladin
I just measured a factory Marlin barrel I removed from a MR-7 that I rebarreled for a customer.The shank measures .772 in length with a .080 thread relief at the shoulder. Hope this helps.

Appreciate those numbers, Thanks. To clarify, your saying the shank length with the relief shoulder is .772 or with the relief shoulder [.772 + .080= total shank length]?

What caliber came off that MR-7? I've been impressed with the barrels I've seen on the three MR-7's I've shot.