Tools

Hunter barrel on my Super Blackhawk?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted
Is this a Ruger only situation?
Is it something they are likely to do?

Is it better to just remove the rear sight and use the mount I have now?

It sure is nice adding and removing the scope on my SRH and RH without disturbing open sights!

Curious minds want to know!

LouisB

Posts: 4261 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I suppose you want to install a Hunter barrel on your Super Blackhawk? Ruger might do that for you but it will not be a catalog item. I got a Super Blackhawk Hunter which is a catalog item. This particular model has a slightly different frame shape and the trigger loop is round. It also comes with a target lenght ejector assembly so you can ejector the empties all the way and also be able to take the cylinder pin clear out without taking the ejector assembly off. Why not sell your SBH and buy the SBH Hunter instead so you will have the correct configuration to begin with. Good luck.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
they making the hunter in 45lc yet?

when they do, my vaquero might go up for sale.

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a rumor that they will be making a special run of the Hunter in 45 Colt but I have to see it to believe it. It would even be nicer to see a Bisley Hunter in 45 Colt or 41 magnum. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
they making the hunter in 45lc yet?

when they do, my vaquero might go up for sale.

jeffe

Posts: 1002 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Mingbogo

Well at least they were smart enough to get rid of that flat (knuckle busting) back on the trigger guard for the hunter model. That feature has to be a prime example of industry rising up and answering a question that wasn't even asked! [Eek!] It is funny everyone I have talked to or read, complain about it and yet the idiots that "give us what they want to make" continue to leave it as is!
You know by the time I get rid of all the features I don't like and add those I do like . . . I do have a Hunter model, NOT a Super Blackhawk.

If I did not like the feature of single action I would dump it and stick to my Redhawk and SRH, both of which are SIGNIFICANTLY more accurate (may be what the scope does to aid tired old eyes). Of course I was plinking at small rocks on out there a ways (150 and out) the other day with the Redhawk and getting hits with the scope and open sites!

LouisB

Posts: 4261 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote