Find
Notify
Tools

Ever hear of a Centurion Mauser action?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted
Centurion Mauser Action. Say's it's made in Spain. Commercial action, looks just like a F.N (trigger safety), CD or MarkX.

Anybody ever hear of these or know anything about them?

Thanks,
Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Santa Barbara actions were made in Spain IIRC.

"There are only three kinds of people; those who can count, and those who can't."

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
TC. I have one. It was imported by a outfit golden state arms. called centurion 100. As glen said it has spain stamped on the under side of the action.
Trigger safety and a plastic trigger guard. it is chambered in 243win. light conture barrel seems the hotter it gets the better it shoots.
I am in the process of installing a timney trigger and a buhler style low mount safety.
It has a plain walnut stock .
I am not sure that it is a a santa barbra action? it measures the same as amodel98 action.
Mauser made a Centurion I think it was a model 98 late 40's early 50's not sure on the dates..

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Both the Centurion and Santa Barbaras were Spanish copies of the Mauser 98. I say copies, but not exact, some modifications were made. The Centurion trigger was of Mauser type, the Santa Barbara trigger was similar to a Timney, with the built in safety.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote