THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Who does gunsmithing or specializes in Rem center fire Pump rifles..

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who does gunsmithing or specializes in Rem center fire Pump rifles..
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Who does gunsmithing or specializes in Rem center fire Pump rifles..

Posts: 1820 | Location: USA, Omaha, Nebr | Registered: 16 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Depends on what you are wanting to do. There are some folks who specialize in cleaning them, other specialize in turning them away. What is it you are looking to do?

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Westpac:
..... other's specialize in turning them away. What is it you are looking to do?

I have a 7600P/308 and I am thinking of

'dumping' it as you words above incline me consider

OR

Have heavier, maybe a bull barrel installed...

Posts: 1820 | Location: USA, Omaha, Nebr | Registered: 16 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltloop:
quote:
Originally posted by Westpac:
..... other's specialize in turning them away. What is it you are looking to do?

I have a 7600P/308 and I am thinking of

'dumping' it as you words above incline me consider

OR

Have heavier, maybe a bull barrel installed...

If I were your gunsmith, I would seriously recommend saving the heavy barrel idea for something that could actually benefit from it. Pump guns are designed to be light and quick handling. They were never designed for varmint and target use. Not that one anyway.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WP....most of the game I hunt and shoot is under 300 yards...

I've shot my VSSF's and this 7600P side by side: same ammo out of the same box.

At 200-300 yards the group size is hardly worth being concerned about inside a 50 cent piece.

But I like the quick handling attibutes of the 7600P vs the long barreled VSSF...

I have a little money stash and was hoping there is a G-smith who does work on these and I'd like a heavier barrel and maybe this 'pump' could be my pump-sniper rifle.... Smiler

One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltloop:
WP....most of the game I hunt and shoot is under 300 yards...

I've shot my VSSF's and this 7600P side by side: same ammo out of the same box.

At 200-300 yards the group size is hardly worth being concerned about inside a 50 cent piece.

But I like the quick handling attibutes of the 7600P vs the long barreled VSSF...

I have a little money stash and was hoping there is a G-smith who does work on these and I'd like a heavier barrel and maybe this 'pump' could be my pump-sniper rifle.... Smiler

What??? You have money??? Why didn't you say so. Come right on in... Watch your step. Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
What??? You have money??? Why didn't you say so. Come right on in... Watch your step. Big Grin[/QUOTE]

jumping

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
quote:
What??? You have money??? Why didn't you say so. Come right on in... Watch your step

Big Grin dancing jumping EekerBig Grin dancing jumping EekerBig Grin dancing jumping EekerBig Grin dancing jumping Eeker

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I had one that shot that well, I sure as hell wouldn't rebarrel it!!
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote