New
Find
Notify
Tools

Source of parts?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What are some good source of parts for military guns? I hear all the time about Blackburn bottoms, but can't seem to find them online at Brownells. specifically right now I am looking for:

1917 win. extractor, floorplate and triggerguard, think I can find these on gunbroker just wondering what other places I could look

also I need a floorplate for a 1903 springfield, prefereably not an aluminum one. I know that if I go for a hinged floorplate I can send the actions (mauser at least) and Wisner will do a changover for a few hundred, right now though I am just looking to replace some rather beaten up parts on my existing rifles.

thanks all.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Red, Don't have any Extractors, but you can Hot mail me aboutBoxes,Followers,plates,Guard frames and ,safetey levers for the M 17, Mostly Rem. You might also check the Extractor collar for butchery against your other '17s.

Posts: 199 | Location: Kalispell MT. | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you, I will try to write tonight. There is another piece that I want to replace but don't know what it is called. Where the cocking piece is, on the bolt behind the handle, there is a ring, it is a bit chewed up. Don't know what that is called so I will try to get a picture off the 17 I have at home. I figure I will replace the extractor collar as well. Anything that looks like it needs it.

I have an old book on rifles somewhere around the house, I will see if it has any diagrams labeling the different parts of an action so I know how to describe things.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
<t_bob38>
posted