THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Will a 700 stock fit a Model 7 Or **My 700P LTR?**

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will a 700 stock fit a Model 7 Or **My 700P LTR?**
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted
Someone has a Model 700LVSF (Light Varmint Stainless Fluted) stock for sale and I have a Model 7SS Magnum in 300SAUM with "magnum taper". Both barrels have a fairly similar taper (I think).

I'd like to know if his stock would fit my rifle and if so what modifications would I need to make if any.

LVSF

Model 7 Stainless Synthetic Magnum

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think there are enough differences in the action that it wouldn't work.

Bob257

Posts: 434 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
By the way... If it won't fit my Model 7 then will it fit my 308 LTR?

LTR

$bob%

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

By the way... If it won't fit my Model 7 then will it fit my 308 LTR?

LTR

$bob%

yes, the action will fit, not sure about the barrel channel

one of us
posted Hide Post
I tried putting my Seven 260 barreled action into a 700 S/A Ti take off stock that I purchased. The action bolt holes didn't match up. The Seven is slightly shorter as it is based on the XP-100R action, I would be surprised if the 700P LTR didn't use the basic 700 action.

Posts: 938 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Johnly,

I can tell you that a VS barreled action will bolt right up in an LTR stock... In fact I do that regularly.

$bob$

one of us
posted Hide Post
LD, The stock on the bottom in this picture is a HS Precision stock for a Remington Model 7 - it was a 260 Remington. The stock on top is a Remington 700 LTR .308 in an AI folding chassis.

Obviously the Model 7 has a shorter screw pattern and so a Model 7 stock won't fit a SA model 700 without serious modification.........DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
dj,

That's about as clear as an explanation/illustration can be.... Thanks... I can't get him to answer my email now anyway so I guess he sold it and is out hunting or something.

btw... An AI folding stock for an LTR? ooooo.... that sounds way cool...

What's the ticket on one of those enticing gadgets?

$bob$

one of us
posted Hide Post
LD, it was about 1/2 again what I paid for the LTR! I think it was $750 or $850 plus the bipod..........DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
Ouch... I was afraid of that....

My LTR will just have to be good enough with the HS original...

$bob$