New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody heard of Dale Woody??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Talked to a guy on the phone today named Dale Woody out of Washington state. Very nice fellow. Said he could do the rust bluing on my rifle for 160, not including shipping and any polishing to be done, but told me how he needs it polished if I want to do it myself and save the money on having him do it.

jUst wondering if anybody had used him and knows the type of work that he does. He seemed like a good guy, was talkative, informative, and broke down costs for me, no hassle.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DR, I could be wrong but I thought I saw that name around here a few months back. Check with Ray Atkinson, he'll know if it's the same guy or not. The guy I'm thinking of had a bad habit of taking work in and either did the work and didn't return it or got money up front and people wouldn't hear from him. Quite the character apparently. I hope I'm wrong but check with Ray to be on the safe side.

Posts: 2092 | Location: Canada | Registered: 25 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you can, check him out at the Better Business Bureau in his town. You may also want to check for judgments, liens, complaints, arrests, prison sentences, dishonorable discharges and whether or not he wrote the screenplay for The Hulk. Any of the former are not so bad, but if he had anything to do with that celluloid mega-disaster, steer clear.

[ 08-05-2003, 03:51: Message edited by: rootbeer ]

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Red, I just got my Fox Sterlingworth back from Buck Hamlin in MO. Barrels and rcvr were quite bad but it's beautiful now! DEEP rust blue and FINE color case on the rcvr. He specializes in resto work on both shotguns and rifles. His prices are reasonable and his turn around time (mine was 8 weeks) is right on. No website, but I'd give him a call @ 636 479 4304. Tell him Craig Cowan in Ferndale referred you.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
<DLS>
posted
Buck Hamlin did the bluing on my 6mm cheapshot and I am very happy with the results.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Can either of you tell me what Buck charged? I tried to give a call yesterday but got machine and left message but have not called back yet. I will try again tomorrow probably. (after get off today got dinner with the future in laws. Fun stuff.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Red,
Mine went like this:
"prepare and rust blue barrels-$125"
"note: considerable extra hand work to remove pitting-$25"
Keep tryin' to get a hold of him for a quote, very nice guy.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote