THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Does anybody have a M98 plate release lever they aren't going to use?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anybody have a M98 plate release lever they aren't going to use?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted
I've been waiting for Midway to get these in for a very long time without any luck. Does anyone have one they aren't going to use? If so I would be interested.

Thanks,
Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
over a year ago, i bought one that they said was one of the last. they said they were't getting anymore. i have plans for mine, but this might interest you...
http://www.sporterizing.com/index.php?showtopic=5297&hl=lever+release

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Here is one from Brownells?
http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/ProductDetail.as...TE%20RELEASE%20LEVER
I have used one in the past and was pleased with it.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Yea, the one at Brownells is exactly what I want, but Brownells has dropped it.

724wd, I tried to look at the post you linked but you can't see it without being a member. I registered but still can't see it.

Terry

one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
Terry,

Try logging in and trying to view it. If you've registered, it looks like you've been approved so you shouldn't have any problem viewing that forum.

Also, if you can't scrounge up a Meier Works lever, you can always file a lever out of a piece of key stock. I tried it a couple years ago and although I wasn't patient enough to finish the project, it is doable.

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Finally got into the site. Yea, that lever is about perfect. The only problem is it's beyond my ability Smiler I need one that's already made.

Don seems to really know his stuff. thumb

Terry

One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
maybe you should PM Don... =)

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC1:
Finally got into the site. Yea, that lever is about perfect. The only problem is it's beyond my ability Smiler I need one that's already made.

Don seems to really know his stuff. thumb

Terry

No I just keep trying until things until they work out. You should see my scrap bin. Smiler I'll look around I think I have some in various stages of completion.
-Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Thanks Don. If you find something let me know.

Terry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tennesse Gun Parts supplies those to midway and brownells. He has lots of them and ships for free.

Chad

Posts: 85 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Small consolation but that last one I got made by Meier like the one in your picture was so poorly made I swore I'd make my own before I ever used one of those again.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC1:
Thanks Don. If you find something let me know.

Terry

This is the only one I have left, it's completely unfinish in shape, just has the stud threaded. It's made from one piece the stud wasn't welded on. Here's it next to a meier, sorry I can't let that one go it's my sample.
-Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terry, I forgot to say. If you what to finish it, it's yours no charge. I'll be making more anyway.
-Don

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the kind offer. If I attempted to turn that into a plate release people would be asking me why my rifle has a kick stand on it animal

Again, thank you for the offer, Next time you do a run of these please get in touch.

Terry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terry,
I believe I have one at the shop and when I go in I will check and let you know this evening.

Michael J

Posts: 485 | Location: Lakewood Colorado | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by michaelj:
Terry,
I believe I have one at the shop and when I go in I will check and let you know this evening.

Thanks Michael!

Terry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terry,
Sorry lots of storms I just got back from the shop and I do have one. This one must be at least 15 years old as I don't recall whatI bought it for. Some project that nver got going I am sure. It's complete in the original bag with the instructions. drop me a line and let me know how you want to proceed. You price it to what you think is fair.
Michaelj

Michael J

Posts: 485 | Location: Lakewood Colorado | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Hi Michael, I sent you a personal message, you should see it at the top of this page.

Thanks,
Terry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terry if you didn't find one already, I found this one in my toolbox. It's a little closer to being complete.
-Don