THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    synthetic stock for a std length small ring Mauser 98?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

synthetic stock for a std length small ring Mauser 98?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone make a synthetic stock for a std length small ring Mauser 98

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can use a high tech specialties stock for one. They are a good stock for the money.

Posts: 671 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did not see the small ring 98 listed as a option on the web site, but I will give them a call. Thanks

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did not see the small ring 98 listed as a option on the web site

Unless you are getting a finished stock you will need to do some epoxy work on a high tech stock. Don't have the numbers in front of me but if all dimensions are the same except the ring just need a touch of fill work when you bed it. If so that would also be the case on most of the NON-plastic stocks.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just hoping to not fill in the gap around the front ring.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
ust hoping to not fill in the gap around the front ring

Well speaking from having built several rifles on a High Tech. The stock will require filling on the outside. You will also need to glass bed it. So when you are bedding it use enough to fill the gap. You will then need to paint the stock Unless you buy prefinished. After painting you will never see it was not part of the original stock.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote