New
Find
Notify
Tools

westley richards front sight/waffenfabrik hein
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
two questions really: 1.)does anyone this side of the pond manufacture a westley richards type folding front sight?2.) Does anyone have any experience with the waffenfabrik hein firm-am considering buying one of their actions in 505 gibbs

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bryan,

Not able to help you with your frist question but I can add my information about Waffenfabrik Hein.

I have held their actions, even the very large 585 Nyati action and several finished riles including a couple of syn. stocked guns, a beautifully done 404 Jeffery (wood stocked), and a switch barrel falling block 375 Flanged/500 Nitro. I was very much impressed with the actions and the rifles so much so, I am having them build a couple of rifles on their new Mauser (still in prototype stage) in 375 H&H and 404 Jeffery. Those will be classic styled DGRs.

By all accounts and references I checked out Waffenfabrik Hein produces a top notch product. After handling the actions and rifles I am more convinced of that...

Never been much of a single shot person but after handling that falling block I am rethinking.....that single shot would fit in any collection and was a dream to handle.

I just brought two more Turkish blanks from

http://www.denli-gunstocks.com

My hope is that Greg, Dave, and Karl get my first two Mausers in process soon and I can think about what to do with my new Turkish blanks Wink

I have to add that all my communications with the Waffenfabrik Hein guys has been informative, productive, and they have gone out of their way to help me... thumb

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bryan you have a private message from me regarding Wff Hein! thumb

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Recknagel make a nice flip up Ivory style sight similar to the Westley one.

Front sight on my 425WR.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote