THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    What is the best way for visiting Australian to transfer gun from US citizen?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the best way for visiting Australian to transfer gun from US citizen?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted
Can a visiting Australian purchase a gun through a transfer agent in the USA for hand carrying back to Australia? Assuming that the Australian has required paperwork and permits to import his firearm into Australia, how does he go about taking possession of a firearm and exporting it from the USA?

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
It would require a US state department issued export permit to leave the US.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
new_guy is correct. There are companies in the USA who do this kind of thing.

I recommend these folks.

Crying Eagle

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13639 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Mike. I'll see what they have to say.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No. Afraid hand carry just isn't possible. There is no way for a 'non-immigrant alien' to legally take possession of a firearm in the US.
Exports can only be done via a US FFL who is also a US State Dept registered exporter. Not many of them left now, due to fixed costs.

Some info:
http://www.losttarget.com/nonimmigrantalien.htm

Cheers,
Doug

Posts: 337 | Location: Gippsland, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's always UPS an Pieces shipments !.

DON'T ASK ME HOW I KNOW !!!.

salute archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get the data, register it at home first, then fly on home with it like you left for holidays with it in the first place!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Should have added, it would only work if you were buying from a friend or private sale in the US not from a dealer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As I read it from the BATFE website, you gotta be a legal immigrant to purchase here....green card.

......civilize 'em with a Krag

Posts: 291 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote