New
Find
Notify
Tools

Krieger barrels
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone had Krieger install a barrel and if so what did you think?

I am contemplating having a pre 64 Winchester sent to them, for a 280 Rem.

Thoughts, comments, ctiticisms?

Posts: 1486 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 28 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I had a Win 1895 converted to 405 when Kreiger first started to do them. Very pleased with the work.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a pre64 M70 with a Krieger SS bbl in 338 Win Mag.

Rifle shoots 2" groups at 300 yards ... more than acceptable.

This weekend I fired one round to check impact point before hitting the field, and one round to kill the piggie. Can't ask for more.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i have a kreiger barrel on a magnum research mountain eagel in 280 rem.. .63" at 100 yds..

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one on an Ar-15 which will shoot to 3 tenths when I do my part, and one on an AR-10 which will generally do under a half inch.

Posts: 572 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm very satisfied with mine...a 264 barrel installed on a M70..

Posts: 1416 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just had my first one put on a Remington 700 in 308 Winchester. #4 Sporter contour, stainles steel. Only about 50 rounds through it but all groups are less than an inch, most around 1/2 to 3/4 at 100 yards with hunting bullets. Still tweaking loads but I'm really impressed and think its worth it. It is the smoothest barrel I've ever seen, patches just glide through, and no copper fouling to speak of.

Let us know how your .280 works. I have a Remington long action sitting around that could use a .280 tube.

Posts: 164 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 04 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

I know Krieger tubes are top drawer what I wanted to know if anyone has used their services and actually had Krieger fit a barrel.

Thanks for responses!!!!!!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
Yes, have had them do the entire project and workmanship is highest quality. Time is extended, but am sure that will vary with time of year. Figure they are quite busy now for the match shooting season is about to begin and everyone wanting their work done NOW!!.
Favor Center!!
dsiteman

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm having my third rifle rebarreled by Krieger as we speak. They do as good a job installing barrels as they do making them. It takes around 14 weeks right now but well worth the wait in my opinion.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks thats what I wanted to know.

one of us
posted Hide Post
schromf:
I've only had 1 barrel ever replaced on a rifle and that was a Ruger .257 Roberts that I wanted redone to .257 Imp. Kreiger did the rebarreling, chambering & blueprinted the action. With a Canjar set trigger & glass bedding, voila - under 0.40" at 100 yds. with a Hornaday 75 gr. v-max. I'm very satisfied & think that Krieger is the last & only name in barrels.
BTW, if you look at the competition results in various magazines, you see Krieger barrels right up there. Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used to use them before I switched to Lother Walther and I liked them very much....

I have two Krieger barrels on my Searcy double rifle in .470 and it won the double rifle national championship this year, that speaks pretty well for them. thumb

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote