THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there a fix New Model Ruger Blackhawk timing?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is there a way to make New Model Blackhawk's cylinder latch pop up at the proper time, rather than well before the notch leads? While I love new model Blackhawks, their lack of proper timing really anoys the heck out of me. I guess the drag marks on the cylinder is what really gets my goat. Thanks
Matt

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3291 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
You can alter the length of the bolt arm if you really understand the timing of the new models. Or the length of the hand. Since the post 73 models, to me, are just tools, I don't worry about it. Without some careful welding and fitting, no.

Posts: 17181 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do my own work on mine which consists of a trigger job, cylinder reaming (on my .45s), and altering the pawl to allow the cylinder to free-spin, I also replace the alum ejector housing with a steel one. As dpcd stated changing the timing is tricky, I've learned to just live with the drag marks.