THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Rifle Bluing - looking for suggestions & recommendations...

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rifle Bluing - looking for suggestions & recommendations...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi Guys,

I have a project that I will need to get hot-dipped (caustic) blued and wanted to see if any on here was capable of doing this or could recommend someone.

The catch is that I am going to have to get this done fairly quickly but I am willing to pay to get it done.

The metal is all new so nothing dramatic needs to be done. Looking for a soft matte type of finish.

Thanks,

Bob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
look up Too Many Tools on this site does excellent work

Posts: 369 | Location: lee' summit missouri | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I agree John too many tools has done great work for me

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob PM sent.

Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You could help us help you if your profile or byline gave a clue as to your location - especially a factor when you "want it done fairly quickly".

If you are close to Houston, I can point you to a professional who gives weekly turn around...

Good hunting,

Posts: 403 | Location: Houston | Registered: 09 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I just PM'd John.

Yes, I suppose a location could help, I'm in SE PA. However, I can have it next day shipped anywhere in the country which was the route I anticipated going with this.

That is pretty much what I do for most projects of this nature these days.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
usually quick and bluing aren't used in the same sentence

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Sure they are.But often with comments like "extra fee" etc. rotflmo

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Quickest way is to do the metal prep and polishing yourself and sent it to Craftguard, and you will get it back in a week.

Posts: 17292 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I can beat that...if need be.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2946 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, he probably can Smiler

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 837 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote