New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montefeltro Disassembly
 Login/Join

<waldog>
posted
I've been shooting a Benelli Montefeltro that I acquired on a trade. The take down is easy enough, but how does the action come apart? I could probably tear into it easy enough, but I think it would be better, if someone who knew saved me the head scratchin'. Is it as simple as knocking out that one pin? What position should the action be in?

Just a couple of pointers would be great. Including any thing special that needs lubricating.

Thanx

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Waldog,

I have an M1 Super 90, not a Montifeltro, but I think the action is pretty much the same. Make sure the trigger group is "cocked" and safed. After you take off the barrel/fore arm, pull the bolt handle straight out to the side, and slip the bolt out the front of the receiver. Disassemble the bolt by removing the firing pin retaining pin at the back to the side (retain parts so no "flyers"), and the firing pin and spring to the rear of the bolt. Remove the large dia. pin in the side, the bolthead and spring, note how everything fits. The large pin has an index mark to align for the firing pin & spring, which passes through it. You can remove the trigger group if you wish by drifting out the pin(s?) and removing the group from the bottom. I do not think that they recommend any further disassembly. Assembles in reverse order.

I don't think that I forgot anything, but if I did, somebody please correct me!...

(Edited to add) I usually just clean everything and wipe with an oily rag, probably wouldn't hurt to put a small dab of grease on the back of the bolt's recoil lugs.

Hope this helps, Bill

[ 01-06-2003, 20:05: Message edited by: Bill M ]

Posts: 1169 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 January 2002Reply With Quote
<waldog>
posted
Thanks for the info, so far so good! Your suspicions apparantly are correct! Thanks!

[ 01-06-2003, 22:00: Message edited by: waldog ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
You're welcome! There are surprisingly few parts to the bolt assembly, so it's not too bad.

Bill

Posts: 1169 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One of the nice things about a benelli is that you can field strip it within 10 seconds.I,ve had my M190 for a long time ,but when I first got it I talked to their gunsmith. He said that of the guns returned because they 'wouldn't work' at least 50% only needed a cleaning. So keep it clean and by all means get an ownwers manual.

<waldog>
posted
I picked up an owner's manual from a gunshop this afternoon.... shoulda done that before now. What was throwing me was the spring detent of the bolt handle. Mine was particularly stiff and I was leery of forcing anything! But, now she's clean and purdy again. Thanks for your help, on this one!