Find
Notify
Tools

Sako AIII Parts Help & ??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi All,

I am getting a Sako AIII 30’06 ready for a Black Bear hunt in May and need some parts and advice. I have a set of Buehler bases and rings for it but would really like some quick release lever type rings for it, anyone make a decent set of QD rings for the AIII ?? or does anyone have a set they would like to sell ??

My Sako is a full stock carbine that the previous owner took the original sights off of, where can I get a set of sights for it ?? or again, does anyone have a set they would like to sell ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Marcos (elalto)

Posts: 143 | Location: Chula Vista, California, USA | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi there,
I owned that same style rifle, and could kick myself for selling it now.

Anyway the rear sight on that rifle is made by Williams sight company and is available from Brownells. I believe the front sight base is as well. Measure the hole spacing, and call Williams.

Someone more familiar than I with Sako rifles of that vintage might inform us if the screws are metric or not.

Someone should also chime in with the name of the fellow that bought all of Stoeger's old inventory of Sako parts.

If you can find a Sako peep sight, those work very well on the Mannlicher stocked Sakos.

The best type of QD rings and bases for the Sako are the new quick release Optilock set from Sako. Grab your nuts hard before you look at the price tag though.

Those are great rifles.

Enjoy.

lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Call Beretta/Sako service & Parts @ 1800-636-3420.
Though you MIGHT get a better price from a direct dealer. Find one at http://www.berettausa.com

When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace - Luke 11:21
Suppose you were an idiot... And suppose you were a member of
Congress...But I repeat myself. - Mark Twain

Posts: 203 | Location: Back home in Texas | Registered: 20 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to get my Sako parts from Beretta but last week I needed something for and L691. Called them up an they said they no longer carry the Sako parts. They put me in touck with Jim Luts, Whitewater Ka.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.as...OVETAIL+MAXIMA+RINGS

these are the nicest and reasonably priced QD rings that fit a Sako dovetail