Find
Notify
Tools

Extended m98 magazine bottom plate
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of igorrock
posted
I try to find .30-06 lenght extended bottom plate to my 9,3x64 m98 Mauser. It has normal but a bit lenghtened military magazine.

Can someone help me to find any ? Perhaps from Europe ?

Posts: 410 | Location: Finland | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Recknagel in Germany makes an extended floorplate that - I believe - fits the 1909 magazine. Part # 30400-5001

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of igorrock
posted Hide Post
Yes I know but I have a military type which do not have any hinged floor plate.

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I didn't see that. That one from Recknagel is the only one commercially available that I've seen.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you know the cost of the drop plate for the 1909? Availability?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like to know what the Recknagel drop plate cost. I just received their catalog however there's no pricing. Wisner does make a nice plate for the 1909.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim Kobe's motto: Anything is possible if you got the money......or something like that! A "one off" will set you back about $1500.00 (this is probably conserative from the guy who needs work)

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of igorrock
posted Hide Post
OK. I live here in Finland in Europe and those Argentine-style magazines are quite curious here. Most Mausers have their original military style magazines.

I asked from local machinist how much it costs to make one piece and he said it is aprc. 200€.

One of Us
Picture of igorrock
posted Hide Post
German gunmaker Theo Jung makes this kind of extension for military magazine with original bottom plate.

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
How much does one of those cost?

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of igorrock
posted Hide Post
These bottom metals are for Argentine style magazine. So they don't match to my rifle. I try to find something like in picture linked underneath:

http://i251.photobucket.com/al.../Huvius/Coggie16.jpg

One of Us
Picture of igorrock
posted Hide Post
My magazine looks alike this:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
igorrock,

http://www.sunny-hill.com may also have the type of thing you are looing for.

Do you have any information for Mr. Jung? that type of extension is what I have been looking for. Thank you in advance for your time.

Posts: 528 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of igorrock
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Chisana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by new_guy:
How much does one of those cost?

Better question is why would anyone want one? If I wanted something hanging that far below the rifle I would just pull a FAL out of the safe.

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
Distinguished Rifleman
President's Hundred

Posts: 390 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 11 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of igorrock
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chisana:

Better question is why would anyone want one? If I wanted something hanging that far below the rifle I would just pull a FAL out of the safe.

I am of the same mind, but to each his own.

Now I might get laughed at for this suggestion, but in Zimbabwe in 2003 I had a chance to look over a 404 that was built in Namibia that had an extended box that looked similar to the one above but was permanent.

From what I could see it looked like the gunsmith had taken two mauser bottom metal assemblies and welded the lower part of one box to the to the other. It used an original floor plate that attached in the conventional manner. The extended box hung about and 7/8 of an inch below the stock line IIRC.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igorrock:
I try to find .30-06 lenght extended bottom plate to my 9,3x64 m98 Mauser. It has normal but a bit lenghtened military magazine.

Can someone help me to find any ? Perhaps from Europe ?

Norwegian dealer Landrø (www.landro.no) has 14500 M98s with this lengthen magazine and stockpiles of spares for same (they bougth whatever was left in norwegian depots). Give them a call or e-mail. They might say no, there was some conditions limiting export of this guns, but I am not sure if that also goes for parts. If so, send me a PM and I will help you out.

EDIT, this ones are obviously military so you have to make/fit the lever opening thingy.

Posts: 118 | Location: Norway | Registered: 09 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of igorrock
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your help Chiefen but I do not need normal thick .30-06 lenght military magazine bottomplate as in Norwegian old military Mauser is.

I need one which is extended so that my magazine can take one ammo more.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Igorrock,
I have some 1909 type guards that the Recknagel floor plate would fit. It then should drop in to your rifle with minor inleting. If this is something you might be interested in let me know.

"There is a bloody brave little animal called the honey badger in Africa. It may be the meanest animal in the world. It kills for malice and for sport, and it does not go for the jugular-it goes straight for the groin. It has a hell of a lot in common with the modern American woman."
Robert Ruark-The Honey Badger
SGB7x57@Gmail.com
360-918-8283
NRA Life Member
SCI Life Member
WANT TO RETURN TO AFRICA CLUB Life Member

Posts: 187 | Location: Olympia, Wa | Registered: 31 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of igorrock
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your offer SGYamagishi but I don't want to buy any 1909 magazine.

Moreover, I have one but it's for an other project.